Do you poken ?
Yesterday I got my very own Poken (special thanks to Clopin for ordering). A Poken is a sort of virtual business card that comes in various designs (bee, alien, skull, panda) and can be wirelessly exchanged with another Poken over RFID.
Here’s how it works:
- You go to www.doyoupoken.com and buy one or, even better, gather 11 friends and order a batch of 12 like the belgian twittosphere has been doing. The damage: 10 euros.
- Your Poken is being shipped. In the meanwhile, find something else to do. Like, for example, reading your feeds or taking a very long walk.
- Your Poken arrives. Unpack it, plug into the nearest USB port you can find and start up the file “start_poken.html. You’ll be redirected to the www.doyoupoken.com website to create an account. This is where you add you’re picture, contact information and link your Poken account to your various social network accounts.
- Start up that html file one more time to log in and link your Poken device to your account.
- And that’s it … you’re done ! Congrats ! What are you waiting for ? Get out there and start Poken …
PS: And another thing: the Poken has 1 gig of memory built in, so you can also use it as a memory stick if you’d like.