Moblogging from an iPhone
Now that I have a data plan for my iPhone I set it up so that I can moblog from it. Here’s how I set it up.
What you need
How to set it up
- After creating a new blog and having it look just the way you want head over to flickr.
- Go into your accout setting and set up the blog under the blogging options.
- Now go into the e-mail settings of your flickr account.
- There should be a standard e-mail adress listed for uploading, however you want to avtivate the “post to blog” option, which, after selecting which of your registered blogs you want to post to and what the size of the picture in the post should be, will generate a second mail adress with “mail2blog” in it. You also have the option to have the body of your mail used as the body of your post and you can set some default tags like “moblog” for example.
- Now add this mail adress to your iPhone’s adress book (I simply called it moblog).
Moblogging with the iPhone in practice
- Take a picture
- Select “mail picture”
- Adress it to your flickr mail2blog adress
- Type the title you want in your subject line
- If you want to add tags type tags:yourtaghere anothertag “tag with spaces” into the body of the message.
- Hit send and you’re done
It looks complicated but once it’s set up it’s a very easy and fast way to moblog from your iPhone.
Check out my moblog over at “From my iPhone onto your screen“