After a 2 year hiatus I’m off to Austria once again for a week of snowboarding. Even though it’ll be a rough week without my girl geek (those f’in Austrians better have some wifi), I still think it’ll do me good. Waking up early, taking the first lift to the top, being the first to go off some fresh slopes and enjoying nature at it’s finest. I might take my camera along for some shots in the valley, but my love was so kind to lend me a Nokia cell phone with a 3 megapixel camera for on the slopes (no way in hell I’m talking my iPhone up there).
So what does a geek take boarding ?
- a macbook (duh … connection to where my heart belongs)
- Nokia N73 (including precious lucky charms + see above)
- Nikon D70s (*click*)
- an iPod shuffle (for when I need to block out assholes on the slopes)
- a nintendo DS + Mariokart DS (for wifi-gaming on the bus. It’s a long trip !)
- a book (Couperus – Van oude mensen, de dingen die voorbijgaan; for school, when I’m really desperate)
Ok … I guess I’m all packed up and ready to go (hey ho!) (oh and of course thermal shirts (thermische marcellekes), fleeces, gore-tex millet jacket, snow-pants, boots, board, HELMET !, snow goggles, lip balm (trust me … lifesaver !) and a buff)
If there’s wifi … I’ll do some short blurbs … so make sure you check back soon.
Later dudes !